If you wish you can fill in our assessment form for a free assessment of your eligibility for a visa to Australia.
Our role is to provide expert advice, assistance and advocacy, to all people seeking a visa to enter or remain in Australia.
As you will probably know, the visa application process is a highly complex one, full of legalistic jargon. It is also a process bound by strict criteria and policy. Our job is to make this process work in your favour to maximise your chance of a successful visa outcome. Our priority is to conduct your case in a time-efficient and cost-effective manner, and to keep you informed at every step in this process.
Ultimately, the success of your application depends on the strength of your documentation. Our job therefore, is to ensure your strengths are highlighted in order to maximise your chances of success.
Migration to Australia
Before making your decision to migrate to Australia you will first need to consider a number of questions:
- How will I support myself?
- Where will I live?
- Will I take family to Australia?
- What is life in Australia really like?
- How will I adjust to the new life?
Once you have made your decision, our job is to work hard to make your visa application successful and, to achieve this in a stress-free and timely a manner.
Australian migration law is highly complex. It is also in a constant state of flux. Consequently, ongoing vigilance is vital in ensuring that the law is applied in its most recent form for the benefit of the visa applicant. This is the main reason you should seek the assistance of a migration lawyer in preparing your application.
It is quite possible for anyone to prepare his/her own application. However the visa application process is also a matter of knowing all your options and putting your best case forward first time. As a person who deals with the law of immigration every day, a lawyer is the person best equipped to engage and sort through the range of issues which will come up in the process. These professionals understand well in advance all the pitfalls and complications that can arise in the visa application process. Being aware of these complications enables the lawyer to predict outcomes and enable the applicant to avoid the traps inherent in this process.
Beware. Any person giving advice in relation to Australian visa application matters must be a registered migration agent. We urge you to check the Australian Registration of Migration Agents to ensure that the person advising you is a registered migration agent.
What we do
We provide advice and assistance in the following Visa categories:
- Business Skill Visas
- Skilled Migration Visas
- Employer Sponsored Visas
- Student Visas
- Family Visas
- Child Visas
- Spouse and Partner Visas
- Tourist Visas
- Short Stay Visas
How we work
Our work is a step by step process:
- First, we listen to the client. It is vital to get a precise picture of their end goal. We ask a number of questions to get the client thinking about what they really want in Australia.
- Once we have this information, we identify a preliminary range of options available to the client. We may then ask further questions to get the client thinking about the impact of these options will have in achieving their goal.
- In most cases we are able to identify immediately the full range of visa options available to the client. Some cases are more complex. Some cases will be impacted by recent changes to the law, and will require further research.
- The next step is to assess the necessary preliminaries to the application process. At this stage we assess among other things:
- all the client’s documents;
- the statutory body most suited to assessing the client’s qualifications;
- any alternative / more timely options;
- Next we prepare the application. This involves completing all the necessary forms, drafting written submissions, taking statutory declarations and other written statements, and assembling and collating the client’s supporting documentation.
- We then lodge the visa application on your behalf and arrange payment of visa application charges.
- On completion of these steps, we stay in correspondence with the Department of Immigration to track the application’s progress. There will be instances when follow-up documentation is required by the Department. We will manage all of this communication.
- Following this, we stay in correspondence with the client to ensure that they are completely up to date with their application’s progress.
- On the grant of the visa, we then advise on any conditions which have been attached to their visa. We can also advise offshore clients in the steps necessary to travel to Australia as well as provide information on the range of services available to the client when they arrive.
Often clients will come to us requesting assistance where a visa application has been refused by the Department.
As lawyers, we can provide the expertise needed to prepare a review application and can advocate a client’s case in the Tribunal. It should be remembered however, that not all visa applications carry a right of appeal. We will advise the client in this instance.